Saturday, June 4, 2011

Brian Loves Shaun Cassidy!

During the summer of 1977 when I was 15,
I had my first big gay crush on Shaun Cassidy.


I loved Shaun's big puppy-dog eyes, big smile, long perfect hair, and his tight pants!


Shaun had just come out with his first album - yes, on vinyl, in 1977 - and was also on TV.


He played Joe Hardy, with Parker Stevenson - who wasn't too bad looking himself! - in "The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries" on Sunday nights.


I watched every episode. But my favorite showed Shaun keep reaching into his pocket to play a tape recorder.

Every time they showed a close-up of his pocket, they would show some of his hairy leg as well.

My young heart was pounding away! But my older brother complained about why they kept showing him playing his tape recorder. "Who cares," I thought, "I hope his pocket tears wide open!"


That summer while driving on a family vacation,
I would try to find his song, "Da Doo Ron Ron" on the radio. And again, my older brothers complained. They said they didn't want to hear him.


Going through puberty, I not only had my first crush, but I also learned to keep my feelings and thoughts to myself. And, I was taught shame and guilt very well by my family!


Brian - Royal Oak, MI
__________________________________

Inspired by the "Born This Way Blog" - www.BornThisWayBlog.com

No comments: