Monday, June 13, 2011

Joshua Loves Neil Patrick Harris!

My first gay crush was Neil Patrick Harris,
as TV's Doogie Howser.

I watched the show as a kid with the rest of my family. I remember being obsessed with his hair, and wanting to touch it.

Like a silly child, I imagined him in his Dr. uniform, and we would hold hands and kiss.

But he resembled every blond-haired, blue-eyed boy I had as friends and crushes growing up.


While I didn't identify myself as gay until I was about 12-years old, my crushes always seemed like normal infatuations to me.

And since I was convinced that I would grow up to be a doctor too, I thought he was the perfect man for me. I got a real thrill when he came out as gay, and I hope one day I can actually meet him.



Joshua - Los Angeles, CA
________________________________________

Inspired by the "Born This Way Blog" - BornThisWayBlog.com

2 comments:

Joshua S said...

Thank you for this. The video of Neil was so much fun. I haven't seen a picture of him from the Doogie Howser days in years. It reminded me of how much I loved that smile.

Katie Hutchison said...

Super cute story! And who doesn't love NPH? His husband is pretty good looking too. I hope you get to meet him, that would be awesome!