Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Joey Loves Neil Patrick Harris!

My first gay crush was Neil Patrick Harris
as "Doogie Howser, MD."

I was slightly younger than he was during the run of the show, and he was the reason I knew I was gay.

And I remember I refused to watch the episode where he lost his virginity, because he wasn't doing it with me!

LOL!


I got to meet Neil about 10 years ago while bowling with the Broadway Bowling League. He was bowling with the cast of Cabaret in the lane next to me,
and I almost had a panic attack.


Luckily, I had a friend on my team who knew him and he introduced me. And I didn't babble and I didn't fawn all over him. Nope, I played it cool and didn't even mention Doogie Howser, thankfully.

I wanted to say he was the reason I knew I was gay, but this was before he'd come out. So I didn't want to offend him. Now that he's out, I wish he knew!

Joey - New Hampshire
_____________________________________________
Doogie Howser, M.D.: Season TwoWhat Would Neil Patrick Harris Do WWNPHD Movie Poster Print - 13x19NEIL PATRICK HARRIS 24X36 COLOUR POSTER PRINT
Inspired by the "Born This Way Blog" - www.BornThisWayBlog.com

No comments: