Thursday, May 26, 2011

Gordon Loves Martin Sheen!

My first gay crush was Martin Sheen.

It was 1972, and I was 13 when I saw a movie called "That Certain Summer".

It was the story of a romance between two men, and it was something I'd never seen before.

And Martin Sheen was so handsome. I dreamed about him for weeks!


His great looking body and hairy chest literally just made me melt.

In summer of 1981, I was working at a hotel in Tulsa, Oklahoma where they filmed the movie "Tex".

Martin Sheen's son Emilio Estevez was one of the stars of the film.

We became friendly. His dad came for a visit, and Emilio introduced me to him.


I was in such a state of euphoria that I could not speak. I just shook my head and smiled.


Gordon - Tampa, FL

_________________________________________________

Inspired by the "Born This Way Blog" - www.BornThisWayBlog.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was 15 when this was broadcast. OMG. It was amazing. I got an understanding of what I was feeling and that it was not just me. I'll never forget that. It would have been great with normal looking people - but Martin Sheen? Oh, yeah.

It so helped me get through the next years. Some of the guys in college told me "you seem so comfortable with this......" and I was, partly because of this movie.

In 1972.

Why hasn't it ever been re-run?

Oh, yeah, the tea-party. And we're only allowed to be comic relief now.

Again, just as an indicator of how bad it has become - this movie was shown in 1972. Sorry for you guys who missed the 1970s. It was incredible.