Saturday, September 24, 2011

Rachael Loves Starfire!

My first gay crush was both Starfire (voiced by Hynden Walch) and Raven (voiced by Tara Strong) from Cartoon Network's "Teen Titans."

I loved Starfire's naive unfamiliarity with Planet Earth, and Raven's witty, cynical nature. I was very enamored by their fantastic superpowers and, of course, perfect, animated bodies.

I didn't know at the time that what I was experiencing was my first gay crushes(who did?), but the two of them turned out to be the model for the women I like today.

I even tried to make myself a Raven costume, which just ended up being a lot of purple fabric scraps. My mom thought that was the cutest thing ever. But she's still unaware of just how deep my "hero worship" - pun intended - truly went.

Rachael - Kentucky
_______________________________________________________________________

Inspired by the "Born This Way Blog" - BornThisWayBlog.com

No comments: