Thursday, June 30, 2011

David Loves Corey Hart!

My first gay crush was singer Corey Hart!

Seeing the video for "Sunglasses At Night" started it for me...

Corey Hart had such a smoldering, sexy look that I totally fell for.

As he's from Canada,
I found his slight foreign accent to be especially intriguing.

I followed his career, reaching the peaking point of my crush with his album, "Boy In The Box."


I remember reading an interview in Bop Magazine about how he got his hair so spiky. His answer? Toothpaste. So I gave it a try to be like him. It didn't work on my hair that well, but it did smell minty fresh that day.

My crush on Corey was a secret, but I would tear out the full page pics of him in Bop and 16 magazines, and put them on my bedroom wall. I felt like it wasn't as obvious, since I had Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, and Wham! posters up there in the mix, too.

David - Los Angeles, CA
___________________________________________
Boy In The BoxSunglasses At NightCorey Hart: The Complete Aquarius Years 1983-1990, Chapter 1 - Life Is a Video


Inspired by the "Born This Way Blog" - BornThisWayBlog.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I keep trying to remember my first gay crush when I come here...