Friday, June 17, 2011

Chris Loves Atreyu!

My first gay crush was Noah Hathaway,
as Atreyu in "The Neverending Story."


I was about 10 when it came out, and I loved that movie to death.

As one of those lonely kid readers, I could completely identify with Bastian and his wish to be someone like Atreyu.

It would be another 9 years before I really figured out I was gay.

But I watched that movie over and over. I even tried to grow my hair to look like him (bad idea) and imagined all kinds of adventures with him.


I don't think I ever told anyone about this crush, because I didn't really understand it back then. 

To this day, though, I still use the Auryn image from the movie as my avatar everywhere on the web. And I still have very fond memories of the movie.

Chris - Osaka, Japan
__________________________________________

Inspired by the "Born This Way Blog" - BornThisWayBlog.com

1 comment:

Omar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.